- COT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.0 million.
- COT traded 98,373 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:12 AM, representing 14.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COT: Cott Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells beverages on behalf of retailers, brand owners, and distributors worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cott a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cott has been 652,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cott has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 1.8% with 2.40 days to cover. Shares are up 44.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cott as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.65% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- 38.16% is the gross profit margin for COTT CORP QUE which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.47% trails the industry average.
- COTT CORP QUE reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COTT CORP QUE swung to a loss, reporting -$0.04 versus $0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.36 versus -$0.04).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Beverages industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.50 million to -$3.30 million.
- You can view the full Cott Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.