- PRTA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.4 million.
- PRTA has traded 169,792 shares today.
- PRTA is up 3% today.
- PRTA was down 8.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRTA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRTA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRTA: Prothena Corporation plc, a late-stage clinical biotechnology company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel protein immunotherapies for the treatment of diseases that involve protein misfolding or cell adhesion in Ireland. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Prothena a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Prothena has been 423,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Prothena has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.35 and a short float of 21% with 9.85 days to cover. Shares are down 41.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Prothena as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PROTHENA CORP PLC's earnings per share declined by 47.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PROTHENA CORP PLC reported poor results of -$2.63 versus -$0.12 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 45.4% in earnings (-$3.83 versus -$2.63).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 81.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$15.20 million to -$27.52 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, PROTHENA CORP PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$25.15 million or 70.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The share price of PROTHENA CORP PLC has not done very well: it is down 6.26% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Prothena Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.