- VAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.6 million.
- VAL has traded 5,969 shares today.
- VAL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VAL: The Valspar Corporation develops, manufactures, and distributes a range of coatings, paints, and related products worldwide. It operates in two segments, Coatings and Paints. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. VAL has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Valspar a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Valspar has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Valspar has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 2% with 3.40 days to cover. Shares are up 30.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Valspar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 192.56% to $16.49 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VALSPAR CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.51%.
- 40.79% is the gross profit margin for VALSPAR CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.57% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, VAL's share price has jumped by 28.69%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- VALSPAR CORP's earnings per share declined by 9.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VALSPAR CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.84 versus $4.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.85 versus $4.84).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Valspar Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.