- ARIA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.1 million.
- ARIA has traded 60,293 shares today.
- ARIA is up 4.4% today.
- ARIA was down 6.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARIA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARIA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARIA: ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an oncology company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of drugs for cancer patients in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate ARIAD Pharmaceuticals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for ARIAD Pharmaceuticals has been 4.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ARIAD has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 20.3% with 6.42 days to cover. Shares are up 28.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ARIAD Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$65.10 million or 29.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- ARIA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 5.97% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 2.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$52.68 million to -$53.79 million.
- ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$1.22 versus -$0.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.72 versus -$1.22).
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 19.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 48.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- You can view the full ARIAD Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.