- HIW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.6 million.
- HIW has traded 4,228 shares today.
- HIW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIW: Highwoods Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust engages in leasing, management, development, construction, and other customer-related services for its properties and for third parties. It invests in the real estate markets of United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. HIW has a PE ratio of 37. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Highwoods Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Highwoods Properties has been 601,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Highwoods has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 4.6% with 4.39 days to cover. Shares are up 12.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Highwoods Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HIW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 2073.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $19.94 million to $433.42 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $48.24 million or 45.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.76%.
- HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC reported lower earnings of $0.84 versus $1.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.01 versus $0.84).
- You can view the full Highwoods Properties Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.