- Expectations are low for future releases. Less than 3 in 10 expect the next update of the iPhone (29%), Mac (24%), Apple TV (21%), or iPad (20%) to be a major upgrade.
- Siri is not a major interest to consumers. An upgraded Siri rated next to last (6%) among new features consumers wanted in the next iPhone release. Only 17% of iPhone users say they use Siri all the time, and only 19% say that a vastly improved Siri would make them much more likely to purchase the newest generation iPhone.
- Automotive technology and televisions are potential future growth opportunities. Consumers cited automotive consoles (29%), self-driving cars (25%), and televisions (20%) as the products they would most like to see Apple make next.
- iPhone users are highly loyal to Apple. 87% of iPhone users say they will purchase another iPhone for their next smartphone, higher than the 74% of Android users who say they will purchase an Android phone for their next smartphone.
- Consumers are most apt to purchase a new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus because of new features (38%). The top new feature requested is wireless charging (34%).
- Apple competitors are seen as catching up. A majority of consumers (56%) believe Apple's competitors have gained ground on Apple in the past few years.
Fluent is the premier database marketing company that is regularly publishing consumer market research leveraging its massive reservoir of proprietary audience data and real-time survey platform. The company surveys over 500,000 American adults and generates over 5.5 million unique survey responses each day. Insights gleaned from Fluent's surveys fuel highly relevant and precise ad targeting and lookalike modeling, and are also used for the rapid execution of market research.To view the full results of the survey, please visit: http://blog.fluentco.com/apple-a-strong-core-but-still-seeking-out-the-wow-of-yesteryear About Fluent Fluent, LLC, an IDI company (NYSE MKT: IDI), is an industry leader in people-based digital marketing and customer acquisition, serving over 500 leading consumer brands and direct marketers. Leveraging a massive reservoir of proprietary audience data, as well as millions of real-time survey interactions with consumers every day, Fluent enables advertisers to more effectively target and acquire their most valuable customers, with precision, at a massive scale. The company's headquarters is in New York City, with satellite offices in Washington, DC and Detroit. For more information visit http://www.fluentco.com. About IDI, Inc. At IDI, we believe that time is your most valuable asset. Through powerful analytics, we transform data into intelligence, in a fast and efficient manner, so that our clients can spend their time on what matters most - running their organizations with confidence. Through leading-edge, proprietary technology and a massive data repository, our data and analytical solutions harness the power of data fusion, uncovering the relevance of disparate data points and converting them into comprehensive and insightful views of people, businesses, assets and their interrelationships. We empower clients across markets and industries to better execute all aspects of their business, from managing risk, conducting investigations, identifying fraud and abuse, and collecting debts, to identifying and acquiring new customers. At IDI, we are dedicated to making the world a safer place, to reducing the cost of doing business, and to enhancing the consumer experience. For more information visit http://www.ididata.com. FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: This press release contains "forward-looking statements," as that term is defined under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA), which statements may be identified by words such as "expects," "plans," "projects," "will," "may," "anticipate," "believes," "should," "intends," "estimates," and other words of similar meaning. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are based on our expectations as of the date of this press release and speak only as of the date of this press release and are advised to consider the factors listed above together with the additional factors under the heading "Forward-Looking Statements" and "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on March 18, 2016, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other SEC filings. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.