- IDA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.5 million.
- IDA has traded 1,438 shares today.
- IDA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IDA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IDA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IDA: IDACORP, Inc., through its subsidiary, Idaho Power Company, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, purchase, and sale of electric energy in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. IDA has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are no analysts that rate Idacorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Idacorp has been 243,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Idacorp has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 3.2% with 5.45 days to cover. Shares are up 10.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Idacorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IDA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 34.44% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IDA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- IDACORP INC has improved earnings per share by 8.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IDACORP INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.87 versus $3.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.90 versus $3.87).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 9.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $23.43 million to $25.73 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.95 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Idacorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.