- EPZM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.5 million.
- EPZM has traded 61,273 shares today.
- EPZM is trading at 5.50 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EPZM is trading at a new low 3.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EPZM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EPZM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EPZM: Epizyme, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, discovers and develops epigenetic therapies for cancer patients. The company's proprietary product platform creates small molecule inhibitors of enzymes known as histone methyltransferases (HMTs). Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Epizyme a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Epizyme has been 335,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Epizyme has a market cap of $743.3 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.20 and a short float of 0% with 10.48 days to cover. Shares are down 23.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Epizyme as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$25.45 million or 12.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- EPZM's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 31.46%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, EPIZYME INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 18.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 48.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- EPIZYME INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EPIZYME INC reported poor results of -$3.47 versus -$1.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$2.23 versus -$3.47).
- You can view the full Epizyme Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.