- BKH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.6 million.
- BKH has traded 1,741 shares today.
- BKH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BKH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BKH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BKH: Black Hills Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a diversified energy company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Black Hills a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Black Hills has been 474,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Black Hills has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 13.5% with 14.98 days to cover. Shares are up 32.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Black Hills as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 28.23% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BKH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 18.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $33.85 million to $40.00 million.
- 35.00% is the gross profit margin for BLACK HILLS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.89% trails the industry average.
- BLACK HILLS CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACK HILLS CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.70 versus $2.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus -$0.70).
- You can view the full Black Hills Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.