- CW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.7 million.
- CW has traded 1,001 shares today.
- CW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CW: Curtiss-Wright Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and overhauls precision components, and engineered products and services primarily to the aerospace, defense, power generation, and general industrial markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. CW has a PE ratio of 22. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Curtiss-Wright a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Curtiss-Wright has been 251,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Curtiss-Wright has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 2.6% with 5.70 days to cover. Shares are up 22.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Curtiss-Wright as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 105.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.99 million to $32.82 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.75, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, CW has a quick ratio of 1.79, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 141.06% to $70.26 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.75%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP's earnings per share declined by 18.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.05 versus $3.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.13 versus $4.05).
- You can view the full Curtiss-Wright Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.