- AXLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.3 million.
- AXLL traded 126,158 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:10 AM, representing 14.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AXLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AXLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AXLL: Axiall Corporation manufactures and markets chemicals and building products in the United States and internationally. It operates through two segments, Chlorovinyls and Building Products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. AXLL has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Axiall a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Axiall has been 937,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Axiall has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.85 and a short float of 3.6% with 2.96 days to cover. Shares are up 47.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Axiall as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 405.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$10.60 million to -$53.60 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, AXIALL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AXIALL CORP is rather low; currently it is at 20.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.66% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 39.51%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 616.66% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- AXIALL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AXIALL CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$11.76 versus $0.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.42 versus -$11.76).
- You can view the full Axiall Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.