- CLH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.6 million.
- CLH has traded 76.1193999999999988403942552395164966583251953125 options contracts today.
- CLH is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CLH has a PE ratio of 101.
- CLH is mentioned 1.16 times per day on StockTwits.
- CLH has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CLH is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CLH is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CLH is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CLH is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLH: Clean Harbors, Inc. provides environmental, energy, and industrial services in North America and internationally. CLH has a PE ratio of 101. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Clean Harbors a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Clean Harbors has been 402,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Clean Harbors has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 7.1% with 8.51 days to cover. Shares are up 26.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Clean Harbors as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, CLEAN HARBORS INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- CLEAN HARBORS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CLEAN HARBORS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.76 versus -$0.47 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 11.8% in earnings ($0.67 versus $0.76).
- The share price of CLEAN HARBORS INC has not done very well: it is down 7.05% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 194.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.09 million to -$20.87 million.
- You can view the full Clean Harbors Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.