- AG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.3 million.
- AG has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- AG is trading at 3.28 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AG is trading at a new high 11.09% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AG: First Majestic Silver Corp. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of mineral properties with a focus on silver projects in Mexico. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate First Majestic Silver a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for First Majestic Silver has been 5.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. First Majestic has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 219.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First Majestic Silver as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP reported poor results of -$0.70 versus -$0.53 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 572.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.11 million to -$7.43 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 43.97% is the gross profit margin for FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 248.15% to $22.11 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.94%.
- You can view the full First Majestic Silver Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.