- CNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $95.8 million.
- CNX has traded 542,950 shares today.
- CNX is trading at 2.08 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CNX is trading at a new high 4.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CNX: CONSOL Energy Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company in the United States and internationally. The company operates through two divisions, Exploration and Production (E&P), and Coal. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Consol Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Consol Energy has been 8.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Consol Energy has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 32.2% with 7.47 days to cover. Shares are up 88% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Consol Energy as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow, generally high debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 223.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $79.03 million to -$97.57 million.
- The gross profit margin for CONSOL ENERGY INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.54%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -18.66% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $128.44 million or 43.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 43.75%, CONSOL ENERGY INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -49.05%.
- CNX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.79 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.47 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CONSOL ENERGY INC's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Consol Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.