- TDW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.4 million.
- TDW has traded 458,538 shares today.
- TDW is up 3.8% today.
- TDW was down 36.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TDW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TDW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TDW: Tidewater Inc. provides offshore service vessels and marine support services through the operation of a fleet of marine service vessels to the offshore energy industry worldwide. The company operates in Americas, Asia/Pacific, Middle East/North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa/Europe segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 15.2%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Tidewater a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tidewater has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tidewater has a market cap of $287.0 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.85 and a short float of 24.5% with 3.89 days to cover. Shares are down 44% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tidewater as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally high debt management risk and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 801.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$9.08 million to -$81.79 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TIDEWATER INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- TDW's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.89 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TDW's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.51 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $61.97 million or 25.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow TIDEWATER INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -36.07%.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 77.89%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 815.78% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Tidewater Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.