- ALB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $133.3 million.
- ALB has traded 6,054 shares today.
- ALB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALB: Albemarle Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets engineered specialty chemicals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. ALB has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Albemarle a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Albemarle has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Albemarle has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 7.3% with 4.51 days to cover. Shares are up 36.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Albemarle as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ALBEMARLE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALBEMARLE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.99 versus $2.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.10 versus $2.99).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 429.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $43.12 million to $228.19 million.
- 45.98% is the gross profit margin for ALBEMARLE CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.36% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 277.16% to $172.71 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ALBEMARLE CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -14.52%.
- You can view the full Albemarle Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.