- VTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $124.9 million.
- VTR has traded 1395.089999999999918145476840436458587646484375 options contracts today.
- VTR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- VTR has a PE ratio of 48.
- VTR is mentioned 1.97 times per day on StockTwits.
- VTR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- VTR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- VTR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- VTR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- VTR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VTR: Ventas, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm engages in investment, management, financing, and leasing of properties in the healthcare industry. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.5%. VTR has a PE ratio of 48. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ventas a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ventas has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ventas has a market cap of $21.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 15.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ventas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 23.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $120.44 million to $148.98 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- VENTAS INC has improved earnings per share by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VENTAS INC reported lower earnings of $1.23 versus $1.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.51 versus $1.23).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, VENTAS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.