New findings from the publication include:
- Preliminary median overall survival (OS) was longer for patients receiving the CA4P combination than for the control (24.6 vs to 22.0 months, respectively; HR=0.85; data as of April 2015).
- The improvement in PFS for patients receiving the CA4P combination was greater for patients with measurable disease than it was for patients without measurable disease, suggesting — along with the findings of improved PFS in patients with platinum-resistant disease — that CA4P combination therapy is more effective in those with more advanced disease.
- More patients receiving the CA4P combination compared to the control were alive and without disease progression at the completion of the study (13 (24.1%) vs. 6 (11.3%), respectively).
- The relative probability of responding to treatment was 41% greater for the CA4P combination compared to control.
- Inducing tumor vascular collapse with CA4P and concurrently preventing vessel regrowth with bevacizumab reduced the risk of tumor progression by an estimated 31.5%.
Safe Harbor StatementThis news release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any or all of the forward-looking statements in this press release, which include the timing of advancement, outcomes, data and regulatory guidance relative to our clinical programs and achievement of our business and financing objectives may turn out to be wrong. Forward-looking statements can be affected by inaccurate assumptions OXiGENE might make or by known or unknown risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the inherent risks of drug development, manufacturing and regulatory review, and the availability of additional financing to pursue and continue development of our programs. Additional information concerning factors that could cause actual results to materially differ from those in the forward-looking statements is contained in OXiGENE's reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission, including OXiGENE's reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. However, OXiGENE undertakes no obligation to publicly update forward-looking statements, whether because of new information, future events or otherwise. Please refer to our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015.
Investors:email@example.com 650-635-7000Media:JPA Health CommunicationsNic DiBellanic@jpa.com617-945-5183