- ABC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $220.7 million.
- ABC is down 5.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ABC: AmerisourceBergen Corporation sources and distributes pharmaceutical products to healthcare providers, pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers, and specialty drug patients in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. ABC has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate AmerisourceBergen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for AmerisourceBergen has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AmerisourceBergen has a market cap of $16.2 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 5.5% with 3.38 days to cover. Shares are down 27.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AmerisourceBergen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ABC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 217.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$513.39 million to $604.14 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $879.74 million or 18.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 19.53%.
- AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.79 versus $1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.50 versus -$0.79).
- You can view the full AmerisourceBergen Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.