- BIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.5 million.
- BIN has traded 60,684 shares today.
- BIN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIN: Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. operates as a full-service waste management company. The company offers non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling, and disposal services to commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers in 14 U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. BIN has a PE ratio of 35. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Progressive Waste Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Progressive Waste Solutions has been 873,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Progressive Waste has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 41.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Progressive Waste Solutions as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 36.16% is the gross profit margin for PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.42% trails the industry average.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.40, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.80 is weak.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $73.07 million or 17.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Progressive Waste Solutions Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.