- SSS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.0 million.
- SSS traded 42,872 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:35 AM, representing 14.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SSS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SSS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SSS: Sovran Self Storage, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It engages in the acquisition, ownership, and management of self-storage properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. SSS has a PE ratio of 35. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Sovran Self Storage a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sovran Self Storage has been 276,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sovran Self has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 4.1% with 4.05 days to cover. Shares are up 3.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sovran Self Storage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SSS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 28.67% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SSS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SOVRAN SELF STORAGE INC has improved earnings per share by 12.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SOVRAN SELF STORAGE INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.16 versus $2.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.68 versus $3.16).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 26.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $22.45 million to $28.34 million.
- The gross profit margin for SOVRAN SELF STORAGE INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.19%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 28.32% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Sovran Self Storage Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.