- BAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $988.7 million.
- BAX traded 12,859 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:30 AM.
- BAX is down 2.9% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BAX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BAX: Baxter International Inc. provides a portfolio of renal and hospital products. Its Renal segment provides products and services to treat end-stage renal disease, irreversible kidney failure, and acute kidney therapies. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. BAX has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Baxter International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Baxter International has been 7.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Baxter International has a market cap of $25.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 10.5% with 2.56 days to cover. Shares are up 19.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Baxter International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2454.16% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 332.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 686.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $430.00 million to $3,380.00 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.38, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.