- TYC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.6 million.
- TYC has traded 2.7 million shares today.
- TYC traded in a range 252.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.90.
- TYC traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 327 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 327 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TYC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TYC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TYC: Tyco International plc provides security products and services, fire detection and suppression products and services, and life safety products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. TYC has a PE ratio of 34. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Tyco International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tyco International has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tyco International has a market cap of $16.5 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.68 days to cover. Shares are up 20.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tyco International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 40.37% is the gross profit margin for TYCO INTERNATIONAL PLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.26% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.62, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TYC's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.67, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- TYCO INTERNATIONAL PLC's earnings per share declined by 23.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TYCO INTERNATIONAL PLC reported lower earnings of $1.44 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.06 versus $1.44).
- TYC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that TYC's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. Despite the stock's decline during the last year, it is still somewhat more expensive (in proportion to its earnings over the last year) than most other stocks in its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays offset this slight negative.
- You can view the full Tyco International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.