- ANAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $105.9 million.
- ANAC traded 212,924 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:22 AM, representing 19.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANAC: Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel small-molecule therapeutics derived from its boron chemistry platform. It markets KERYDIN (tavaborole) topical solution for the treatment of onychomycosis of the toenails. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Anacor Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Anacor Pharmaceuticals has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Anacor has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 16.7% with 5.19 days to cover. Shares are down 45.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anacor Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 24.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$12.96 million to -$16.15 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share declined by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.40 versus -$2.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 12.9% in earnings (-$1.58 versus -$1.40).
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that ANAC's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.40, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Biotechnology industry.
- You can view the full Anacor Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.