- SWX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.8 million.
- SWX has traded 15,575 shares today.
- SWX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SWX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SWX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SWX: Southwest Gas Corporation purchases, distributes, and transports natural gas in Arizona, Nevada, and California. The company operates in two segments, Natural Gas Operations and Construction Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. SWX has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Southwest Gas a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Southwest Gas has been 209,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Southwest Gas has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 2.3% with 5.83 days to cover. Shares are up 25.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Southwest Gas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 27.10% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SWX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $71.98 million to $75.45 million.
- Despite the weak revenue results, SWX has outperformed against the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- SOUTHWEST GAS CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOUTHWEST GAS CORP reported lower earnings of $2.91 versus $3.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.18 versus $2.91).
- You can view the full Southwest Gas Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.