- LANC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.0 million.
- LANC has traded 1,134 shares today.
- LANC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LANC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LANC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LANC: Lancaster Colony Corporation manufactures and markets specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. LANC has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are no analysts that rate Lancaster Colony a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lancaster Colony has been 167,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lancaster Colony has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 4.5% with 4.26 days to cover. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lancaster Colony as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.98% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- LANCASTER COLONY CORP has improved earnings per share by 41.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LANCASTER COLONY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.71 versus $3.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.37 versus $3.71).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LANC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, LANC has a quick ratio of 2.29, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, LANCASTER COLONY CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Lancaster Colony Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.