- Clinton leads Trump nationally by 9 percentage points (41% to 32%). Clinton also enjoys stronger support within the Democratic Party (76% of Democrats say they plan to vote for her) than Trump has within the Republican Party (66%). Clinton also has a 6% lead amongst Independents (30% to 24%).
- Jobs and the economy top the list of most important policy issues by a wide margin. Nearly half of likely voters (43%) cite jobs and the economy as the most important issue, and it is the top issue by at least a 24-percentage point margin with Democrats, Republicans and Independents.
- Guns (28%) and income inequality (20%) are the most important social issues to voters. More than 1 in 3 Republicans (34%) say guns are the most important issue, followed by family values (22%). In contrast, over 1 in 4 (29%) Democrats say income inequality is the most important social issue, just ahead of guns (26%).
- Hillary Clinton's untrustworthiness is seen as the most effective attack Trump could use against her across partisan affiliations (33%). Even 3 in 10 Democrats (29%) think this is the most effective attack against her. The next most effective attacks are claims that Clinton will say or do anything (22%) and that she got Americans killed in Benghazi (14%).
- In contrast, voters are fragmented on what they consider to be the most effective attack against Trump. Five different attacks against Donald Trump are considered most effective by at least 14% of voters, including claims that he is a racist (21%), that he is hostile to women (19%) and that he doesn't understand how government works (18%).
- More than 3 in 5 voters do not think Donald Trump is qualified to be president. 62% of Independents and even 40% of Republicans do not think he is qualified.
- Nearly 2 in 3 voters (63%) say Hillary Clinton will win the election and over 2 in 5 (43%) say she will win either comfortably or by a landslide. Democrats are particularly bullish on their candidate's chances as 7 in 10 think she will win at least comfortably. Over 1 in 3 Republicans (35%) think their candidate Trump will lose.
About FluentFluent, LLC, an IDI company (NYSE MKT: IDI), is an industry leader in people-based digital marketing and customer acquisition, serving over 500 leading consumer brands and direct marketers. Leveraging a massive reservoir of proprietary audience data, as well as millions of real-time survey interactions with consumers every day, Fluent enables advertisers to more effectively target and acquire their most valuable customers, with precision, at a massive scale. The company's headquarters is in New York City, with satellite offices in Washington, DC and Detroit. For more information visit http://www.fluentco.com. About IDI, Inc. At IDI, we believe that time is your most valuable asset. Through powerful analytics, we transform data into intelligence, in a fast and efficient manner, so that our clients can spend their time on what matters most - running their organizations with confidence. Through leading-edge, proprietary technology and a massive data repository, our data and analytical solutions harness the power of data fusion, uncovering the relevance of disparate data points and converting them into comprehensive and insightful views of people, businesses, assets and their interrelationships. We empower clients across markets and industries to better execute all aspects of their business, from managing risk, conducting investigations, identifying fraud and abuse, and collecting debts, to identifying and acquiring new customers. At IDI, we are dedicated to making the world a safer place, to reducing the cost of doing business, and to enhancing the consumer experience. For more information visit http://www.ididata.com.