- TSO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $156.2 million.
- TSO is down 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSO: Tesoro Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an independent petroleum refining, logistics, and marketing company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. TSO has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Tesoro a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tesoro has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tesoro has a market cap of $9.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.78 and a short float of 4.7% with 2.67 days to cover. Shares are down 26.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tesoro as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 224.32% to $184.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TESORO CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -40.93%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, TSO has outperformed against the industry average of 32.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 19.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 52.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $145.00 million to $69.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, TESORO CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tesoro Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.