- VG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- VG has traded 324,735 shares today.
- VG is trading at 6.48 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VG is trading at a new low 5.11% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VG: Vonage Holdings Corp. provides communications services connecting people through cloud-connected devices worldwide. VG has a PE ratio of 45. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Vonage Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Vonage Holdings has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vonage has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.09 and a short float of 4.5% with 3.70 days to cover. Shares are down 28.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vonage Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VG's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $46.11 million or 47.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VONAGE HOLDINGS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.16%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.47 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, VONAGE HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The share price of VONAGE HOLDINGS CORP is down 5.89% when compared to where it was trading one year earlier. This reflects both (a) the trend in the overall market as well as (b) the sharp decline in the company's earnings per share. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Vonage Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.