Trade-Ideas LLC identified New Jersey Resources ( NJR) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified New Jersey Resources as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NJR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.9 million.
- NJR has traded 8,684 shares today.
- NJR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NJR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NJR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NJR: New Jersey Resources Corporation, an energy services holding company, provides regulated gas distribution, and retail and wholesale energy services. The company operates through Natural Gas Distribution, Energy Services, Clean Energy Ventures, Midstream, and Home Services and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. NJR has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates New Jersey Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for New Jersey Resources has been 811,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. New Jersey has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.44 and a short float of 5.4% with 4.17 days to cover. Shares are up 9.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates New Jersey Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.94, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.29 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- NJR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 24.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 46.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.11 versus $1.67 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.2% in earnings ($1.60 versus $2.11).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Gas Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full New Jersey Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.