Trade-Ideas LLC identified Curtiss-Wright ( CW) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Curtiss-Wright as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.6 million.
- CW has traded 4,279 shares today.
- CW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CW: Curtiss-Wright Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and overhauls precision components, and engineered products and services primarily to the aerospace, defense, power generation, and general industrial markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. CW has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Curtiss-Wright a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Curtiss-Wright has been 285,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Curtiss-Wright has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 3.3% with 6.66 days to cover. Shares are up 11.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Curtiss-Wright as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.76, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, CW has a quick ratio of 1.63, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.05 versus $3.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.10 versus $4.05).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 317.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $16.75 million to $69.85 million.
- 42.24% is the gross profit margin for CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.86% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Curtiss-Wright Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.