Introducing the 787-9 DreamlinerThe new aircraft accommodates 216 customers across four cabins, with 127 seats in World Traveller (economy), 39 seats in World Traveller Plus (premium economy), 42 seats in Club World (business), and eight suites in the new First cabin. All customers can enjoy free meals, beverages and a free checked bag. Designed to enhance customer wellbeing, the new fuel-efficient aircraft boasts smooth ride technology, which minimizes the effects of turbulence and creates a more comfortable trip. Lower pressurization results in cabin air that is less dry, reducing the effects of jet lag for customers. Customers will also enjoy carefully designed ambient lighting in every cabin that gradually adjusts to suit the time of day, creating a calming environment. All customers traveling on the 787-9 Dreamliner can use their individual widescreen TV to choose from a wide array of audio and video on-demand options. They can also speak to friends and family who are sitting throughout the aircraft using an in-seat chat system, as well as connect their own devices to the entertainment system. A new First journey The new First suites were designed specifically for the Boeing 787-9, with careful consideration given to comfort and convenience. Each intimate space features extra storage and updated smart control for features such as seat positioning and personal lighting. Customers in the First cabin will enjoy a new in-flight entertainment console that features a sleek smartphone-like handset, giving customers the ability to simultaneously watch one item, such as flight updates on the moving map, while watching also a film on the new 23-inch widescreen. Rewards and Packages Recognizing and understanding the needs of small and medium size businesses, American Airlines' Business Extra® program allows members traveling on British Airways, Iberia and American Airlines to collect and spend across all three airlines, with coordinated benefits that help businesses to stretch their travel budgets. British Airways Vacations offers a range of flight+hotel and flight+car packages, as well as sightseeing tours, city passes, theatre tickets, around the world to suit all budgets. With a deposit of $10 per person, customers can lock in a price for 72 hours, giving them time to confirm details with their friends and family and making it even easier to book with confidence. Notes to Editor:
- The 787-9 is scheduled to arrive daily at Mineta San José International Airport as BA279 at 6:15pm and depart for London Heathrow as BA278 at 8:05pm.
- San José will be the fourth Californian city with service from British Airways, following Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego.
- The mid-size, dual aisle, twin engine jet is Boeing's most fuel efficient aircraft, outranking similarly sized commercial jets by 20 percent in fuel efficiency.
- British Airways 787-9 started flying to Delhi in October followed by Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Kuala Lumpur and most recently began service to Austin, Texas in February 2016.
- Most British Airways First class cabins have 14 seats, with a small number offering 17.
- The new Dreamliner is also 20 feet longer than the preceding 787-8.
About Mineta San José International AirportMineta San José International Airport (SJC) is Silicon Valley's airport, a self-supporting enterprise owned and operated by the City of San José. SJC served 9.8 million passengers in Calendar Year 2015, a 4.4 percent increase year-over-year. SJC offers approximately 160 peak daily departures on 13 domestic and international carriers to 36 nonstop destinations. Visit www.flysanjose.com for more airport information.
MEDIA CONTACT:Americas Communications212 716 0477Email: email@example.comTwitter: @british_airways