Trade-Ideas LLC identified Argo Group International Holdings ( AGII) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Argo Group International Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AGII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.4 million.
- AGII has traded 66,795 shares today.
- AGII is trading at 13.83 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AGII is trading at a new high 8.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGII NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGII: Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. underwrites specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. AGII has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Argo Group International Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Argo Group International Holdings has been 120,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Argo Group International has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 2% with 3.88 days to cover. Shares are down 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Argo Group International Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Although AGII's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.22 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, AGII has outperformed against the industry average of 22.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $46.80 million or 20.40% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow ARGO GROUP INTL HOLDINGS LTD is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -40.00%.
- You can view the full Argo Group International Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.