Trade-Ideas LLC identified Archer-Daniels Midland ( ADM) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Archer-Daniels Midland as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ADM has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.39 mentions/day.
- ADM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $162.7 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADM: Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. ADM has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Archer-Daniels Midland a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Archer-Daniels Midland has been 4.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Archer-Daniels Midland has a market cap of $23.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.18 days to cover. Shares are up 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Archer-Daniels Midland as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 206.88% to $1,381.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ARCHER-DANIELS-MIDLAND CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 127.48%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.83 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Food Products industry and the overall market, ARCHER-DANIELS-MIDLAND CO's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ARCHER-DANIELS-MIDLAND CO is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.62%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.36% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Archer-Daniels Midland Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.