Trade-Ideas LLC identified HCA Holdings ( HCA) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified HCA Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $260.5 million.
- HCA traded 11,732 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:40 AM.
- HCA is down 5.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCA: HCA Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides health care services in the United States. HCA has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate HCA Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for HCA Holdings has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HCA has a market cap of $32.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.34 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.15 days to cover. Shares are up 21.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HCA Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and revenue growth. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- HCA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HCA HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.99 versus $4.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.27 versus $4.99).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 10.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $527.00 million to $582.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for HCA HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.59%. Regardless of HCA's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HCA's net profit margin of 5.67% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.