- PPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $167.1 million.
- PPL has traded 1773.700000000000045474735088646411895751953125 options contracts today.
- PPL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- PPL has a PE ratio of 16.
- PPL is mentioned 1.94 times per day on StockTwits.
- PPL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- PPL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- PPL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- PPL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- PPL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PPL: PPL Corporation, a utility company, delivers electricity and natural gas in the United States and the United Kingdom. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. PPL has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate PPL a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for PPL has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PPL has a market cap of $24.9 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.13 days to cover. Shares are up 9.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PPL as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market, PPL CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PPL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 52.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.91% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PPL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- PPL CORP's earnings per share declined by 14.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PPL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.38 versus $2.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.3% in earnings ($2.35 versus $2.38).
- You can view the full PPL Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.