Trade-Ideas LLC identified Douglas Emmett ( DEI) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Douglas Emmett as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DEI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.4 million.
- DEI has traded 3.790999999999999925393012745189480483531951904296875 options contracts today.
- DEI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- DEI has a PE ratio of 82.
- DEI is mentioned 0.87 times per day on StockTwits.
- DEI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- DEI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- DEI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- DEI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- DEI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DEI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DEI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DEI: Douglas Emmett, Inc., a real estate investment trust, owns and operates office and multifamily properties in California and Hawaii. As of December 31, 2007, the company's office portfolio consisted of 48 properties and multifamily portfolio consisted of 9 properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. DEI has a PE ratio of 82. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Douglas Emmett a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Douglas Emmett has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Douglas Emmett has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 2% with 1.66 days to cover. Shares are up 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Douglas Emmett as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DEI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DOUGLAS EMMETT INC has improved earnings per share by 42.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, DOUGLAS EMMETT INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.39 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.41 versus $0.39).
- 37.27% is the gross profit margin for DOUGLAS EMMETT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, DEI's net profit margin of 8.49% significantly trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, DOUGLAS EMMETT INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Douglas Emmett Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.