Trade-Ideas LLC identified IDEXX Laboratories ( IDXX) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified IDEXX Laboratories as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IDXX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.1 million.
- IDXX has traded 43,315 shares today.
- IDXX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IDXX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IDXX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IDXX: IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and distributes products and services primarily for the companion animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing, and dairy markets worldwide. IDXX has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate IDEXX Laboratories a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for IDEXX Laboratories has been 696,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. IDEXX has a market cap of $7.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.35 and a short float of 7.6% with 6.91 days to cover. Shares are up 10.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IDEXX Laboratories as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- IDEXX LABS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, IDEXX LABS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.05 versus $1.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.16 versus $2.05).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 170.65% to $73.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, IDEXX LABS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.16%.
- The gross profit margin for IDEXX LABS INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.90%. Regardless of IDXX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.09% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full IDEXX Laboratories Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.