Trade-Ideas LLC identified Progressive Waste Solutions ( BIN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Progressive Waste Solutions as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.4 million.
- BIN has traded 101,204 shares today.
- BIN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIN: Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. operates as a full-service waste management company. The company offers non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling, and disposal services to commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers in 14 U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. BIN has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Progressive Waste Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Progressive Waste Solutions has been 946,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Progressive Waste has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 36% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Progressive Waste Solutions as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 141.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.93 million to $45.72 million.
- 37.14% is the gross profit margin for PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS which we consider to be strong. Regardless of BIN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BIN's net profit margin of 9.44% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $99.78 million or 14.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.37 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, BIN maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.81, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Progressive Waste Solutions Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.