Trade-Ideas LLC identified Amazon.com ( AMZN) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Amazon.com as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AMZN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 billion.
- AMZN traded 26,440 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:24 AM.
- AMZN is up 12.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMZN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMZN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMZN: Amazon.com, Inc. engages in the retail sale of consumer products in North America and internationally. It operates through the North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) segments. AMZN has a PE ratio of 494. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate Amazon.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Amazon.com has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Amazon.com has a market cap of $290.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.63 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.66 days to cover. Shares are down 10.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amazon.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AMAZON.COM INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, AMAZON.COM INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.24 versus -$0.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.83 versus $1.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 125.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $214.00 million to $482.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $8,812.00 million or 31.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, AMAZON.COM INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 61.44%.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, AMAZON.COM INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.31 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, AMZN maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.