- SYNA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.5 million.
- SYNA is down 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYNA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYNA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYNA: Synaptics Incorporated develops, markets, and sells intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide. SYNA has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Synaptics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Synaptics has been 570,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Synaptics has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 13.9% with 6.23 days to cover. Shares are up 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Synaptics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYNA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SYNA has a quick ratio of 1.78, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SYNAPTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SYNAPTICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.84 versus $1.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.40 versus $2.84).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 66.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.98 million to $35.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 689.99% to $94.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SYNAPTICS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -38.23%.
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.