- ABC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $179.7 million.
- ABC has traded 4.0 million shares today.
- ABC traded in a range 222.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.13.
- ABC traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 13 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 13 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ABC: AmerisourceBergen Corporation sources and distributes pharmaceutical products to healthcare providers, pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers, and specialty drug patients in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. ABC has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate AmerisourceBergen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for AmerisourceBergen has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AmerisourceBergen has a market cap of $18.8 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 5.9% with 5.38 days to cover. Shares are down 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AmerisourceBergen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ABC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 265.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$199.95 million to $330.38 million.
- AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.79 versus $1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.79 versus -$0.79).
- The gross profit margin for AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.59%. Regardless of ABC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.89% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full AmerisourceBergen Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.