- SAIA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.8 million.
- SAIA has traded 72,975 shares today.
- SAIA is down 3.2% today.
- SAIA was up 7.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAIA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAIA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SAIA: Saia, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a transportation company in the United States. It provides regional and interregional less-than-truckload, truckload, guaranteed, expedited, and logistics services. The company offers solutions for shipments between 100 and 10,000 pounds. SAIA has a PE ratio of 14. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Saia a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Saia has been 301,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Saia has a market cap of $746.8 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 8.9% with 3.52 days to cover. Shares are up 44% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Saia as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 182.43% to $28.68 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SAIA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.86%.
- SAIA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.99 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for SAIA INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.99%. Regardless of SAIA's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SAIA's net profit margin of 3.95% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry average. The net income has decreased by 16.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $13.57 million to $11.39 million.
- You can view the full Saia Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.