- POT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $174.4 million.
- POT traded 38,173 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- POT is down 6.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on POT: Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells fertilizers, and related industrial and feed products worldwide. It operates in three segments: Potash, Nitrogen, and Phosphate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.6%. POT has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Potash Corp of Saskatchewan a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Potash Corp of Saskatchewan has been 8.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Potash Corp of Saskatchewan has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.42 and a short float of 3.3% with 2.70 days to cover. Shares are up 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Potash Corp of Saskatchewan as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.42 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- 37.52% is the gross profit margin for POTASH CORP SASK INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of POT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, POT's net profit margin of 14.84% compares favorably to the industry average.
- POT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 28.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- POTASH CORP SASK INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, POTASH CORP SASK INC reported lower earnings of $1.52 versus $1.83 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 38.1% in earnings ($0.94 versus $1.52).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 50.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $407.00 million to $201.00 million.
- You can view the full Potash Corp of Saskatchewan Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.