- STJ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $173.7 million.
- STJ traded 416,560 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:28 AM.
- STJ is up 26.9% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STJ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STJ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STJ: St. Jude Medical, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and distributes cardiovascular medical devices for cardiac rhythm management, cardiovascular, and atrial fibrillation therapy areas worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. STJ has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate St Jude Medical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for St Jude Medical has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. St Jude Medical has a market cap of $17.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.91 days to cover. Shares are down 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates St Jude Medical as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- STJ's revenue growth trails the industry average of 27.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ST JUDE MEDICAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.54%. Regardless of STJ's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.56% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 63.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $262.00 million to $95.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.48 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, STJ maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.97, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full St Jude Medical Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.