- PH has 15x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.74 mentions/day.
- PH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $162.4 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PH: Parker-Hannifin Corporation manufactures and sells motion and control technologies and systems for various mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Diversified Industrial and Aerospace Systems. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. PH has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Parker Hannifin a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Parker Hannifin has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Parker Hannifin has a market cap of $15.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.38 and a short float of 3.6% with 3.46 days to cover. Shares are up 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Parker Hannifin as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.69, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, PH has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $341.66 million or 23.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.57%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 19.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- PARKER-HANNIFIN CORP's earnings per share declined by 26.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PARKER-HANNIFIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.94 versus $6.85 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 12.1% in earnings ($6.10 versus $6.94).
- You can view the full Parker Hannifin Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.