- UNXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.8 million.
- UNXL has traded 270,237 shares today.
- UNXL is trading at 2.73 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- UNXL is trading at a new high 4.19% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNXL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UNXL: Uni-Pixel, Inc., a pre-production stage company, engages in developing performance engineered film (PEF) products for the display, touch screen, and flexible electronics market segments in the United States. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Uni-pixel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Uni-pixel has been 870,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Uni-pixel has a market cap of $80.2 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 26% with 0.92 days to cover. Shares are up 268% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Uni-pixel as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- UNXL's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 56.18%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- UNI-PIXEL INC has improved earnings per share by 25.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNI-PIXEL INC reported poor results of -$2.05 versus -$1.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.34 versus -$2.05).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 38.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.80 million to -$4.82 million.
- UNXL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, UNXL has a quick ratio of 2.37, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Uni-pixel Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.