- PCAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $124.8 million.
- PCAR has traded 600,056 shares today.
- PCAR is trading at 5.19 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- PCAR is trading at a new high 4.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PCAR: PACCAR Inc, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes light, medium, and heavy-duty commercial trucks worldwide. It operates in three segments: Truck, Parts, and Financial Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. PCAR has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate PACCAR a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for PACCAR has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PACCAR has a market cap of $19.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 5.5% with 8.77 days to cover. Shares are up 18.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PACCAR as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, PACCAR INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $704.80 million or 35.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.57%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 19.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.24, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Machinery industry.
- You can view the full PACCAR Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.