- HIW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.5 million.
- HIW has traded 11.014900000000000801492205937393009662628173828125 options contracts today.
- HIW is making at least a new 3-day high.
- HIW has a PE ratio of 56.
- HIW is mentioned 0.97 times per day on StockTwits.
- HIW has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- HIW is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- HIW is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- HIW is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- HIW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIW: Highwoods Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust engages in leasing, management, development, construction, and other customer-related services for its properties and for third parties. It invests in the real estate markets of United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. HIW has a PE ratio of 56. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Highwoods Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Highwoods Properties has been 762,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Highwoods has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.82 and a short float of 4.7% with 5.43 days to cover. Shares are up 8.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Highwoods Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC reported lower earnings of $0.84 versus $1.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.11 versus $0.84).
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that HIW's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income has decreased by 6.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $22.54 million to $20.98 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Highwoods Properties Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.