- Fuzzy Matching - Fuzzy join logic matches non-identical, but similar, values and inconsistent data across sources.
- Load Plan Visualization - Visual representation of load plan operations and data lineage to boost information governance and compliance.
- Smart Append Operations - Easy-to-use wizard allows the consolidating of data from similar sources.
- Advanced Calculations - A robust set of advanced calculations, including if-then-else logic, optimized calculations for data cleansing and built-in fiscal period logic, underscored by point-and-click simplicity.
- Prep Filters - Comprehensive filtering reduces large data sets to required subsets for ease-of-use.
BEDFORD, Mass, April 26, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Datawatch Corporation (NASDAQ-CM: DWCH) today announced the immediate availability of Datawatch Monarch 13.3, the latest edition of the company's first-to-market self-service data prep solution. Datawatch Monarch enables business users to acquire, manipulate and blend data from virtually any source. The new product release delivers better and faster data access and data prep through advanced functionality, unrivaled simplicity and enhanced information governance. A recent study from Blue Hill Research found that the typical data analyst spends, on average, two hours a day on data prep activities, which equates to roughly $22,000 per year, per analyst. Datawatch Monarch enables both data analysts and novice business users to drastically reduce their data prep time by quickly and easily acquiring and preparing data locked away in previously inaccessible multi-structured, semi-structured and unstructured sources, such as text reports, web pages, PDFs, JSON and log files. With the ability to retrieve and use not only the right data, but all of the data required to get the whole story, Monarch users can focus on performing analysis that will result in timely, more informed business decisions and better operational processes. "The increasing scales and variety of data that organizations are encountering have compounded to make data prep activities a substantial part of the data analyst workflow," said James Haight, principal analyst at Blue Hill Research. "Our research shows that this presents a significant financial burden on organizations as they divert valuable human capital into data prep and away from value-added analysis on their data." Key new features of Monarch 13.3 include: